Beautiful Lemon Ice Cubes
Author: Diana Johnson
Recipe type: Drinks
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 2 tangerines
- Slice both ends off of each piece of fruit, then slice the fruit into 4-6 circles.
- Fill the cups of a couple muffin trays ¾ of the way with cold water.
- Place a citrus slice on top of the water in each cup, then use a glass to pour in additional water if needed.
- Place muffin trays in the freezer, and freeze overnight.
- Pop the cubes from the muffin trays (you can run the bottom of the trays under cool water if needed to loosen them) and place in a gallon sized plastic bag. Return bag to freezer.
Approximate cost/serving: Depends on whether citrus is in season or not. I find it usually costs me about $2-3 to make a batch.
Vegetarian/gluten free: Yes to both and vegan too.
Recipe by Eating richly even when you're broke at http://eatingrichly.com/beautiful-lemon-ice-cubes/