Life is running at full speed ahead. I recently realized that I will be traveling 3 of the next five weeks. I am SO not ready! While I don’t have time to write a long and flowery post about how perfectly the flaky puff pastry, rich egg, spicy sausage, and creamy cheese pair together, I just had to share this post before Mother’s Day.
If I were to get breakfast in bed this Mother’s Day, which I won’t because I will be on an airplane, THIS is exactly what I’d want. It’s beautiful, simple, and hey, I could even hold it with one hand to eat while breastfeeding the baby!
Hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day. Eric and Corban and I will be on our way to beautiful Florida to speak at BlogHer Food. We’ll be sharing all about telling stories through video, and have a really fun video coming up in the next couple of days.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- cooking spray
- ⅓ cup cooked Italian sausage
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons goat cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 6 small pinches of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a pizza slicer to cut the puff pastry into 6 squares.
- Spray the cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray and press a square of puff pastry into each cup.
- Layer the sausage, scallions and goat cheese into each puff pastry cup.
- Break an egg into each cup, and top with chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, until egg is cooked and the pastry is puffed and golden.
We'd love to keep in touch. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and get your free download of our favorite healthy cute kid snacks.Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Eating Richly Even When You're Broke will receive a small commission. This helps us to cover some of the costs for this site. Thank you so much for your support!Nutritional and cost information is for estimating purposes only, and subject to variations due to region, seasonality, and product availability.