Creepy and crawly but deliciously cute, these healthy Halloween fruit spiders are so fun, your kids will be begging for more. I’m thinking of making some for Mops this week, even though I’m not scheduled to bring any food. I just think it would be fun to get people freaking out that there are spiders on the brunch table!
This kids snack is almost as easy as my ghostly boonanas, but a little spookier, perfect for the little boy or brave little girl in your life. The legs of the spiders are simply raisins threaded onto uncooked spaghetti sticks, which are then poked into a grape.
A couple tips for making these successfully:
- Make sure to use dark black grapes rather than the purple grapes. Grapes that are a little more oval than round are easier to get all eight legs into.
- Serve your spiders within an hour of making them, any longer and the spaghetti will start to get soggy.
Corban thought these spiders were pretty amazing, even though he’s not quite old enough to eat them yet. I have a feeling he will love these next Halloween. Does your little one have a favorite Halloween snack?
Fruit Spider Healthy Halloween Snack RecipePrep time: 10m Cook time: 0m Total time: 10m Yield: 3 spiders
Serving Size: 1 spider
uncooked spaghetti noodles (gluten free works as well)
- Thread 3 raisins onto the end of a spaghetti noodle, and break the noodle about 1/4 inch above the first raisin. Repeat until you have 24 legs.
- Poke the exposed end of each noodle into the grapes, 8 per spider, 4 on each side. Use the photos as a guide.
- Serve within one hour of assembling.
Saturated Fat 2.4g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 27.1mg, Total Carbohydrate 18.22g, Dietary Fiber 0.67g, Sugars 15.79g, Protein 1.33g, WW Points Plus 3, WW Old Points 2
Approximate cost/serving: This is cheap! I used organic raisins and grapes and it still just came out to less than 20 cents per spider. Pretty cheap snack! A toddler will only eat one spider, bigger kids will most likely want two.
Vegetarian/Gluten Free: This is vegan and easily gluten free if you use the right noodles.
We'd love to keep in touch. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and get your free download of our favorite healthy cute kid snacks.Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Eating Richly Even When You're Broke will receive a small commission. This helps us to cover some of the costs for this site. Thank you so much for your support!