Cheeseburger bites turn your favorite burger into an adorable appetizer or snack that’s perfect for parties. Bet you can’t eat just one!
CHEESEBURGER BITES: THE PERFECT PARTY FOOD
Aren’t these cheeseburger bites just the cutest? I literally say “Awwwwww” every time I make them.
My favorite thing about cheeseburger bites though, is putting them together with my kids. We have so much fun threading the mini burgers and condiments onto toothpicks. Plus everyone makes a beeline to them when they’re brought out at parties!
CHEESEBURGER BITES PREP
Cheeseburger bites really are an impressive appetizer for summer barbecues or graduation parties. If you need them to come together quickly on the day of your event, make the little burger patties ahead of time and refrigerate them.
Use a shot glass, or small jar with an opening about one inch in diameter, to cut little buns from slices of whole wheat bread. You can use a circle cookie cutter too if you have one. Put your buns in a sealed plastic bag to keep them soft until you’re ready. You can also pre-cut your cheese into one inch squares and keep it sealed in the fridge.
When party time has arrived you have a couple choices. You can cook the patties in a skillet, topping them with the cheese after flipping them. But you can also thread them onto skewers to grill them (weather permitting!).
Slide your cheeseburger bites onto the pre-cut buns, and layer on the toppings! Cute toothpicks hold them together, and make them super festive.
If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed, you can even just lay out all the condiments, buns, and cheeseburger bites, and let people assemble their own!
SUPPLIES FOR MAKING YOUR OWN CHEESEBURGER BITES:
PIN TO SAVE CHEESEBURGER BITES:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tsp minced dried onion
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp seasoning salt,, like Lawry's
- 16 1 inch square slices cheese of your choice,, we love Kerrygold Dubliner for these
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 cherry tomatoes,, thinly sliced
- 16 hamburger dill chips
- 16 baby spinach leaves
- ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise
- Mix beef, onion, parsley, and salt.
- Divide into sixteen portions. Shape each portion into a ball, then flatten into a 1/2" thick patty, about 1 1/2" wide.
- If grilling - Thread four patties onto a pair of skewers, leaving space in between each one. Using two skewers (one in each direction) makes it easier to turn the patties if necessary.
- Place patties on the grill or in a heated skillet. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once if necessary, or until the patties are no longer pink in the middle.
- While patties cook, use a small jar or shot glass to cut bread into buns (each piece of bread should make four to six buns).
- Top each patty with cheese and place on a "bun".
- Top burgers with a slice of tomato, pickle, leaf of spinach, and second bun. Spear with a toothpick to hold the burgers together.
- If desired, serve with ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, or your favorite burger spreads!
Nutrition facts are estimates only. This nutrition info does not include ketchup, mustard, or mayonnaise.
Serving Size:16 burgers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Cholesterol: 18mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 7g