Chicken burger cordon bleu takes ground chicken burgers to the next level, inspired by the classic dinner recipe chicken cordon bleu. It’s an easy way to turn your grilled chicken burger into a showstopping, mouthwatering, summer BBQ masterpiece.
This mouthwatering chicken burger is a part of my blogging buddy Girl Carnivore’s annual Burger Month Bash. You can also check out my amazing Jamaican Burger recipe from last year’s burger month. This is not a sponsored post, I’m just excited to give you guys a chance to win the super duper giveaway listed below!
PIN TO SAVE THIS CHICKEN BURGER FOR LATER!
Not ready to read the whole post yet? You can save this burger to Pinterest for when you’re ready to make it!
BURGER MONTH 2018 GIVEAWAY
Thanks to the sponsors of Burger Month for these incredible prize packs! 1 winner will be drawn for every week of burger month!
- American Lamb Board – Ground lamb, cutting board and apron
- Anolon – Anolon SureGrip Cutlery Bronze 3 Piece Chef Set & Anolon Advanced Bronze 11″ Deep Square Grill Pan w/ Pour Spouts
- Cabot Cheese – $25 Cabot Legacy Gift box – Includes eight bars of Cabot Cheddar, cheese knife, and a wine opener. Award-winning cheese brought to you by the 1,000 farm families who own Cabot Creamery Co-operative.
- Crow Canyon Home – Red Marble Enamelware Prize Box 1 each: Red Marble Jelly Roll Tray, Red Marble Oval Platter, Red Rim Large Open Roaster, Red Marble 6-cup muffin pan
- Melissa’s Produce – Grilling Veggie Box
- Microplane – Herb And Salad Chopper, Microplane Elite Series Extra Coarse Grater, Microplane Spice Mill
- New York Beef Council – Beef, It’s What’s for Dinner Swag Bag including tote, knives, oven mitt and apron
- Red Duck – Gourmet Ketchup Variety
- Spiceologist – 4 Rub Grilling Spice Set
- Veal Made Easy – 5 lbs Veal and grilling gear
- Weber Grilling Pack – Weber Tumbler and Weber Grill Hat
All winners will be entered to win a Weber Spirit II E-310 gas grill!
Grand prize grill winner will be announced June 4th
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground chicken, or any combination of the 2 or 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground turkey (or any combination of the 2)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices low-fat Swiss cheese
- 6 multigrain buns, split
- 1 red onion
- 2 large tomatoes
- green leaf lettuce
- Preheat your grill to medium (about 350º F).
- In large bowl, mix together grated onion, chicken (or turkey), egg, breadcrumbs, paprika, pepper, and seasoning salt.
- Form into 6 patties. At this point you can freeze them with parchment between each burger if you'd like to save some for later.
- Place patties on the grill and close the lid.
- Cook each side 5-10 minutes or until center is completely cooked. A meat thermometer should read at least 165º F.
- For the last 2-3 minutes of cooking the burgers, heat ham slices on grill.
- Place the buns cut side down on the grill and brown slightly.
- Serve chicken/turkey burgers on the buns, topped with ham, then cheese.
- Add onion and tomato slices, lettuce leaves, mustard, and mayonnaise as desired.
Nutritional values are an estimate only, and do not include the mustard or mayonnaise so make sure to add that based on how much you use. If you'd like to reduce the calorie and carb count, you can use whole wheat sandwich thins for the bun, or reduce it even more by wrapping the burger in the lettuce leaves instead of using a bun.
Serving Size:6 burgers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 1124mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 40g
We'd love to keep in touch. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and get your free download of our favorite healthy cute kid snacks.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Eating Richly Even When You're Broke will receive a small commission. This helps us to cover some of the costs for this site. Thank you so much for your support!
Nutritional and cost information is for estimating purposes only, and subject to variations due to region, seasonality, and product availability.