This cute Christmas cheeseball snowman is the perfect appetizer recipe for your holiday party. Fast & easy to make, & can double as an edible centerpiece!
This Christmas cheeseball snowman recipe was originally posted in December 2013, and we’re bringing it up from the archives with a few tweaks and updates.
Merry Christmas!!! I hope you all are having a wonderful time with family and friends. Just in case you’re in need of a last minute snack or appetizer for you holiday gathering, this Christmas cheeseball snowman is fast, easy to make, and ridiculously cute. Because, remember, I’m a mom now so I’m obsessed with cute food.
I could wax poetic about the adorable snowman, it’s savory ingredients, how you don’t need any special tools (just a vegetable peeler and a paring knife),and how Corban thought it was the cutest thing in the world and couldn’t stop laughing at it, but it’s Christmas Eve and I just don’t have time!
Tomorrow morning we get up bright and early to go take a snowshoe trip for our Christmas experience (we do experiences instead of gifts). Hope it is less eventful than our last Christmas snowshoe adventure when we almost died!
Oh, one last thing before I head off to pack our gear, we decided that rather than trying to do Christmas cards, because I am notorious for never mailing the things that I plan to, we would do a Christmas video. So here’s the cutest baby in the world (yes, I know I’m biased) sharing his wishlist with Santa. It’s not what you think!
Again, Merry Christmas from Eric, Corban, and I. We love you guys!
THANKS FOR SUPPORTING THIS SITE
By clicking one of these links before making a purchase on Amazon, we get a small percentage of your purchase, without it costing you anything extra! Thanks for helping to support our family business.
CHRISTMAS CHEESEBALL SNOWMAN RECIPE
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 oz chevre softened, goat cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 4 pieces cooked bacon finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 12 peppercorns
- 3 cloves whole
- red bell pepper
- fresh thyme
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, goat cheese, pepper jack cheese, chopped onion, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Form the cheese mix into two balls, a smaller one and a larger one. Place the smaller ball on top and press them together. Flatten the base of the larger ball to make it able to stand on a plate.
- Place peppercorns into the small ball for eyes and mouth (see photo).
- Place cloves into the large ball for buttons (see photo).
- Use a paring knife to chisel a small piece of carrot for the nose.
- Use a vegetable peeler to trim long strips of red pepper peel. I made three strips, one for around the neck and one for each end hanging down. Use your paring knife to cut fringe into the ends of the scarf. Place the scarf pieces onto the snowman, pressing them into the cheese. Spread the fringe slightly and press in as well.
- Place two sprigs of thyme on each side of the large ball for arms.
- Weave about 5 sprigs of thyme together on the head for a wreath.
- Keep your Christmas cheeseball snowman refrigerated until serving.
Vegetarian/Gluten Free: You could leave out the bacon to make this meat free, and it is gluten free.
We'd love to keep in touch. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and get your free download of our favorite healthy cute kid snacks.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Eating Richly Even When You're Broke will receive a small commission. This helps us to cover some of the costs for this site. Thank you so much for your support!
Nutritional and cost information is for estimating purposes only, and subject to variations due to region, seasonality, and product availability.