It’s not quite December, so I can post one more fall pumpkin recipe right? I got the idea for these pumpkin deviled eggs on Pinterest, and because I love cute food, had to try my own version. They don’t actually include pumpkins, they just look like them!
Rather than top the deviled eggs with paprika and draw in lines, I mixed in the paprika for a rich orange hue, and used a basket tip on a frosting bag to pipe in the filling. This technique went SO fast, I had 10 deviled egg pumpkins in under five minutes. Seriously easy Thanksgiving appetizer recipe. Or cute snack for your kids!
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration. We were blessed to two Thanksgiving meals, one at my parents’ and one at Eric’s parents’. Busy day! We don’t know if we will always live so close to our families, so we are definitely trying to get in those family holidays while we can. It was also really special for Corban and his cousin to get to play with each other on Thanksgiving.
What made Thanksgiving special for you this year?
- 5 boiled eggs, How to Boil Eggs
- 3 TBS mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika, or more
- Parsley stems
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half (lengthwise). Scoop out the yolks and toss them into a bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, yellow mustard, salt, and paprika with the yolks until smooth and creamy. Add more paprika as needed to get a beautiful orange shade.
- Spoon the filling into a frosting bag with a basket weave tip. Pipe the filling into the egg halves.
- Snip off a 1/2 inch piece of parsley stem for each egg half and stick them into the top of each pumpkin.
- Make sure to cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate if they won't be served immediately.
Approximate cost/serving: This is one of the cheapest appetizers you can make. It can cost as little as 20 cents a serving!
Gluten Free: No changes necessary.
Serving Size:5 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Saturated Fat: 2.41gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 194.67mgCarbohydrates: .12gFiber: .08gSugar: .02gProtein: 6.03g