This cute and easy fruit tray can be made without any knife work, and makes for impressive healthy Valentines Day treats. Perfect for school parties, work, or just getting your family to choose fruit over candy this Valentines Day.
HEALTHY VALENTINES DAY TREATS
Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays as a mom, because it’s a fun day to shower my kids with love and affection. We may start the morning with a healthy cute Valentines breakfast recipe of heart shaped cranberry muffins. And sometimes I surprise them with whole wheat Valentine sandwich cookies.
But one of my favorite healthy Valentines Day treats is a simple fruit tray with a heart in the center.
With a light protein packed main dish like whole roasted salmon, we sit around the table talking about our day and snacking on fruit. The fruit tray transitions with us from dinner into table games or family movie night.
And yes, the four of us can definitely polish this fruit tray off together!
VALENTINES DAY TREATS FOR SCHOOL
This easy fruit tray is also perfect for school parties. Both my kids go to the same school, so I signed up for the healthy snack for each kids’ class. I love that I can get all the berries at Costco and divide them in half to make an easy fruit tray for each class.
The bright colors, the patterns, and the heart shape in the center make it a fun attractive treat. The kids are so excited to eat it, they don’t even realize it’s health food!
EASY FRUIT TRAY HEART
Of course, what makes this a Valentines fruit tray is the heart. And the easiest way to make a heart in the center is to use a big heart shaped cookie cutter. I suggest using one that’s 4-5 inches big.
You can see in the video below that the last step is filling the cookie cutter with pomegranate seeds and then carefully removing it. This way all the other berries are holding the heart shape in place when you pull the cookie cutter out.
You may want to adjust the margins slightly once the cookie cutter is out, but it’s a lot easier than shaping the heart from scratch.
Also, did I mention my favorite part of this easy fruit tray? NO KNIVES!
The only prep work is washing your berries. Seriously…EASY.
EASY FRUIT TRAY VALENTINES DAY VIDEO
MORE HEALTHY VALENTINE’S DAY TREATS
- 16 ounces strawberries, large and ripe with fresh leaves
- 10 ounces blueberries
- 10 ounces blackberries
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 8 ounces pomegranate seeds
- Place a heart shaped cookie cutter in the center of a large round tray or platter.
- Make a circle of strawberries around the cookie cutter, with the leaves of the strawberries on the outside of the circle. Make sure to leave room to fill the circle in with blueberries around the cookie cutter.
- Fill the strawberry circle in with blueberries around the cookie cutter.
- Make a ring of blackberries around the outer edge of the strawberries.
- Make a ring of raspberries around the blackberries.
- Fill the cookie cutter center with pomegranate seeds.
- Carefully remove the cookie cutter and reshape the heart if necessary.
Nutritional estimates are for 10 servings. If you split it among a family of four like we did, plan on the values being slightly over double.
Serving Size:10 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Sodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g