This Easy Taco Lasagna recipe comes together quickly and blends two favorite flavors into one exciting dinner. It’s the best of both worlds!
COMBINING CUISINES IN A HOUSEFUL OF TASTEBUDS
It happens a lot.
Me: What do you all want for dinner tonight?
And then the battle commences. So I went in search of something epically brilliant and decided to blend those two endeared cuisines that would please everyone: BEHOLD.
Easy Taco Lasagna.
This recipe is super simple to throw together. The no-boil lasagna noodles really cut down on prep-time, which is amazingly convenient. (I just LOVE that goodness.)
Other than browning the beef, this easy taco lasagna recipe is about layering up no-prep foods in a good casserole dish and setting your oven to 350. Also, make sure you have a sturdy stainless serving spatula. They’re the best tool for this job because they hold the weight of the lasagna better than a rubber spatula.
BUILD YOUR EASY TACO LASAGNA RECIPE WITH QUALITY INGREDIENTS
You’ll find mexicorn with the other canned veggies at the store. It’s just canned corn with peppers already mixed in. But we love Amazon Prime Pantry. It’s so convenient!
For salsa, I like to shop in the natural foods section of the supermarket. It really floors me what they sneak sugar into….just about everything! I find it’s easiest to find salsa without sugar in those aisles.
Speaking of sugar in just about everything, you may be surprised that it even shows up in taco seasoning. (As well as other non-caking preservatives to prevent clumping.) SO unnecessary! I’ve got a great “make it yourself” recipe for taco seasoning here that’s also gluten-free.
Not only will you love the seasoning, but if you want spur of the moment tacos and realize you’re out of little packets, it won’t matter. You’ll always have this on hand. Even more importantly, homemade taco seasoning will save you gobs of money.
I’ve priced it out! Instead of $1-$2 dollars per packet, my bulk blend ends up costing .20-.30 per use. That saves a lot over time! Especially if you use a LOT of taco seasoning (speaking from experience!).
We think it’s fun to discover blending flavors and coming up with delicious alternatives to the familiar favorites. So give this easy taco lasagna a try and let us know how you like it!
PIN TO SAVE EASY TACO LASAGNA FOR LATER:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 11oz can mexicorn, (yellow corn with red and green peppers) drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 8oz container soft chive & onion cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 4 1/2 cups salsa
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring and chopping to a crumble. Cook till no longer pink; drain and return to skillet.
- Sprinkle in taco seasoning, and add the mexicorn, and 1/2 cup water. Stir to combine.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring a couple of times. (5 minutes or until thickened.)
- Add cream cheese in small chunks as it will melt more evenly; stir until melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in 1 1/2 cups Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Pour 1 cup salsa evenly to coat the bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Layer with 3 lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles do not touch each other or sides of dish. Then 2 cups ground beef mixture, and 3/4 cup salsa.
- Repeat layers using 3 lasagna noodles, remaining ground beef mixture, and 3/4 cup salsa.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles and 2 cups salsa, covering noodles completely.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cups Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese evenly over the salsa.
- Bake, covered with foil, at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned.
- Let stand 5 minutes to set up.
- Serve with desired toppings, such as sour cream and cilantro.