This goat cheese stuffed prosciutto wrapped asparagus recipe is so easy to make, your toddler can can help you! I’ve taught prosciutto wrapped asparagus for years in my kids’ cooking classes, but it was actually Corban’s idea to add the goat cheese, so I thought I’d let him teach you how to make them.
This post was originally published in June of this year, but we’re bringing it forward from the archives for Mini Chef Monday because Eric had an emergency appendectomy on Friday. More on that later!
HOW TO MAKE CORBAN’S GOAT CHEESE STUFFED PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS RECIPE
Goat cheese? What goat cheese?
Oh this goat cheese! You should let your kids help you cook with goat cheese, because they will get to eat a lot of it.
Goat cheese makes me feel so good man!
Start by sprinkling some goat cheese on a piece of prosciutto. I put on a lot more than mommy.
She puts on just a little and spreads it out.
Put a piece of asparagus on one end and wrap the prosciutto over it.
Now roll it up nice and tight.
Do it again and again until you’ve used up all the prosciutto and asparagus (or your toddler attention span is used up).
Now let mommy or daddy cook it on the grill, about 4 minutes on each side. Mommy and daddy use this grill.
Look at all that yummy gooey goat cheese! I ate three of them! Mommy says she likes to add a little lemon juice to cut the saltiness of the prosciutto. Okay, now it’s YOUR turn to make my goat cheese stuffed prosciutto wrapped asparagus recipe. Let me know in the comments how you like it!
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat a gas grill to medium high.
- Lay out the prosciutto slices and spread each one with some goat cheese.
- Place an asparagus spear onto one end of each piece and roll them up tightly.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, until prosciutto is crispy and asparagus is slightly tender.
- Drizzle with lemon juice before serving.
Approximate cost/serving: I get the big packs of prosciutto and goat cheese from Costco. These are all more expensive ingredients, but buying them there does cut the cost. It ends up being about $1.50-2 per serving for me.
Gluten Free: No adjustments needed to make this gluten free.
Serving Size:12 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Saturated Fat: 7.1gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 977mgCarbohydrates: 2.4gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 1.45gProtein: 30.45g
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Inside Out Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Cake Batter Christmas Cookies // Momma Lew
- Cherry Banana Yogurt Smoothie // Baby Loving Mama
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies // We’re Parents
- French Toast Muffins // Frugal Novice
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Recipe // Eating Richly
- Simple Pumpkin Hummus with Pita Chips // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Baked Apple Pie Bites // Step Stool Chef
- Pumpkin Granola // Vegging at the Shore
- Apple French Toast Casserole // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Apple Pie // O’Boy! Organic
- Snicker Doodle Cookies // Can’t Google Everything
We'd love to keep in touch. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and get your free download of our favorite healthy cute kid snacks.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Eating Richly Even When You're Broke will receive a small commission. This helps us to cover some of the costs for this site. Thank you so much for your support!
Nutritional and cost information is for estimating purposes only, and subject to variations due to region, seasonality, and product availability.