Boiled eggs are stuffed with flavorful guacamole to make these guacamole deviled eggs, a perfect BBQ side dish.
EASY GUACAMOLE JUST TWO INGREDIENTS
I’ve been making guacamole for years. While I’ve tried lots of different recipes, I always keep coming back to my favorite packaged spice mix. So I was thrilled when the good folks at Concord Foods hired us to bring you these guacamole deviled eggs.
The Concord Fresh Success line has a variety of guacamole seasoning packets. They are all available in the produce section by the avocados. I love the Classic Spicy flavor, but I usually use the Mild when it’s something my kids will be eating.
Whichever variety of Guacamole Seasoning Mix you choose, you can know that you are getting NO artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
HOW TO CHOOSE AVOCADOS
When you grab your package of Guacamole seasoning mix, you’ll also want to pick out some perfect avocados.
- Start by very gently squeezing the avocados. You don’t want to squeeze them enough to press the flesh in, just to feel that it gives a little and is not rock hard.
- Once you find avocados that feel like they have some give, pull the little stem off the narrow end.
- When you look under the stem, it should be a bright yellowish green. If there are brown spots or lines, it’s overripe.
- Gently feel all over the avocado to make sure there are no super soft spots.
If you bought too many avocados, be sure to check out our post on HOW TO PRESERVE AVOCADOS.
HOW TO CUT AVOCADOS
I find it’s easiest to make guacamole with avocados that are cut into chunks.
- Start by slicing through the narrow end of the avocado all the way until your knife hits the pit.
- Then carefully rotate the avocado so the knife slices the avocado completely in half around the pit.
- Grab one half of the avocado in each hand and gently twist them apart.
- Set the half with the pit down on the cutting board and carefully whack your knife into the center of the pit. You can now use the knife to twist the pit out and whack the knife handle on the edge of a trash can to remove the pit.
- Now carefully slice a cross hatch pattern in the flesh of each half of the avocado, without going through the peel.
- Use a spoon to scoop the chunks of avocado from the peel.
HOW TO MAKE GUACAMOLE DEVILED EGGS
Now that you have your chunks of avocado, you’re ready add your Fresh Success Guacamole Seasoning Mix.
- Use a fork to mash the avocado as you mix the seasoning in completely.
If you bought already peeled boiled eggs at the grocery store, you can go ahead and make your guacamole deviled eggs following the steps below. This makes it a really fast and easy BBQ side dish. If you are boiling your own eggs, we will include those steps at the end.
- Slice the boiled eggs in half vertically, so you have two equal long halves for each egg.
- Gently pull out the egg yolks. You can toss them, but I save them for mixing into tuna or potato salad.
- Now add a scoop of guacamole to the well of all the boiled egg whites.
- Thinly slice some cherry tomatoes and add slice to the center of each dollop of guacamole.
You can now serve your guacamole deviled eggs right away, or refrigerate them to serve within 4-6 hours.
HOW TO BOIL EGGS
We have a whole post on how to make perfect hard boiled eggs, but here are the basics.
- Place your eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Turn the heat to high and watch carefully for when the water starts to boil.
- As soon as the water begins to boil, keep the lid on the pot and remove from heat. I just set it on another burner that’s off.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, place the eggs in a small bowl and run them under very cold water. You can also place them in a bowl of ice water. This step causes steam inside the shell and makes the eggs easier to peel.
- Let your eggs cool completely, then peel and follow the steps above for making your guacamole deviled eggs.
PIN TO SAVE GUACAMOLE DEVILED EGGS FOR LATER
Don’t lose the recipe! You can pin the image below to save it for later. And if you make these guacamole deviled eggs, make sure to take a photo and post it in the pin comments so we can see!
GUACAMOLE DEVILED EGGS PRINTABLE RECIPE
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 package Fresh Success Guacamole Seasoning Mix
- 12 boiled eggs, peeled
- 6 grape tomatoes, sliced into 4 circles each
- Pit the avocados, slice into chunks, and use a spoon to scoop from the peel into a medium bowl.
- Add the contents of your guacamole seasoning and use a fork to mix it in, mashing the avocado as you mix.
- Slice the eggs in half long ways and remove the egg yolks. You can discard them or save for something else.
- Place a dollop of guacamole into the hole of each egg white half and top with a slice of tomato.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to serve within 4-6 hours.
Nutritional Info is an estimate only, and is made using the package of Classic Mild Guacamole Seasoning. Remember that the recipe doesn't use egg yolks, so they are not included in the nutritional value.
Serving Size:24 deviled eggs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 32Sodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 2g