Kids will love turning Horizon Organic string cheese and an English muffin into this cute Halloween Pizza Mummy. It’s so easy, even toddlers can make it themselves!
We are thrilled to be working with Horizon Organic, who paid us for this post and video. We choose to work with Horizon Organic because we love their products, and believe in their company values.
HALLOWEEN PIZZA MUMMY VIDEO
EASY HALLOWEEN PIZZA MUMMY
My kids are so in love with these Halloween Pizza Mummies. They make a really fun lunch, dinner, or after school snack around Halloween.
You can easily make the mummy pizzas yourself. But I prefer setting aside time for the kids to make their own. Children find it very rewarding to cook their own food. And I just love the looks on their faces when they see the finished mummy pizzas.
First there’s delight, then a sense of accomplishment. Finally they give a satisfied smile when they realize the pizza tastes as good as it looks.
We use Horizon Organic Mozzarella String Cheese to make our Halloween Pizza Mummy creations. It’s easy to pull apart into “bandages”, and it’s also a great source of organic dairy.
WHY WE CHOOSE ORGANIC DAIRY
My husband and I didn’t really think too much about organic dairy products, until we had our first child.
Because I was breastfeeding, I was so careful about everything that went into my body. I was especially cautious about medications, knowing they would pass through my milk.
Pouring myself a glass of milk, I realized that one day we would be giving our child dairy milk to drink. It hit me that any medications the cows were given would be passed through their milk too. That’s when I began investigating organic dairy.
LOVE THIS HALLOWEEN PIZZA MUMMY AND WANT MORE CREATIVE IDEAS? CHECK OUT OUR HUMMUS MONSTER!
WHAT DOES ORGANIC DAIRY REALLY MEAN?
There are five requirements to meet the strict standards of organic dairy:
- No Antibiotics Given to the Cows
- No Toxic or Persistent Pesticides for Growing Food Fed to the Cows
- No Growth Hormones Given to the Cows
- Healthy Living Conditions for the Cows
By choosing organic dairy I don’t have to worry about my kids getting antibiotics they are allergic to. I can also let go of concerns of them developing antibiotic resistance.
I also love that organic dairy requires better living conditions for the cows. Cows must have access to the outdoors year-round. They’re required to be given shade, shelter, exercise, fresh air, and direct sunlight. Plus their housing must provide ventilation, clean water, and proper sanitation.
We choose to buy organic dairy, not just for our Halloween Pizza Mummy, but for all of our milk, cheese, and yogurt products.
HOW TO MAKE A HALLOWEEN PIZZA MUMMY
- Start by toasting some English muffins. I like using organic whole wheat English muffins for some added nutrition.
- Spread each muffin half with marinara sauce (or your favorite pizza sauce) and top with a few slices of pepperoni.
- Slice a large black olive into circles and place two slices centered and toward the top of your mini pizzas. These will be the mummy eyes.
- Thinly slice or pull apart Horizon Organic Mozzarella String Cheese to make your mummy bandages. Lay them criss-crossed above and below the olives.
- Place your Halloween pizza mummies on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese has just started to melt. If you cook it too long, the cheese spreads a lot and you lose the bandage effect.
- Serve immediately to your favorite little monsters for some edible Halloween fun!
PIN TO SAVE HALLOWEEN PIZZA MUMMY FOR LATER
Make sure you don’t lose this post! Pin to save the Halloween Pizza Mummy and then make sure to leave a photo in the comments of the pin when you make it. We love to see your creations!
WANT AN EDIBLE MUMMY FOR GROWNUPS? TRY OUR HALLOWEEN MUMMY CHEESE BALL!
- 1 Organic English Muffin
- 2 tablespoons Organic Marinara Sauce
- 6 slices Organic Pepperoni
- 2 Organic Black Olives, sliced into rings
- 2 Horizon Organic Mozzarella String Cheeses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Split the English muffin in half and toast in the toaster or oven until slightly crisp.
- Spread each muffin half with a tablespoon of marinara sauce. Then top each with 3 slices of pepperoni, and two olive rings.
- Slice or pull apart the string cheese to make "bandages". Lay on the muffin, overlapping, above and below the olives.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes until cheese has just barely melted.