Life is running at full speed ahead. I recently realized that I will be traveling 3 of the next five weeks. I am SO not ready! While I don’t have time to write a long and flowery post about how perfectly the flaky puff pastry, rich egg, spicy sausage, and creamy cheese pair together, I just had to share this post before Mother’s Day.
If I were to get breakfast in bed this Mother’s Day, which I won’t because I will be on an airplane, THIS is exactly what I’d want. It’s beautiful, simple, and hey, I could even hold it with one hand to eat while breastfeeding the baby!
Hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day. Eric and Corban and I will be on our way to beautiful Florida to speak at BlogHer Food. We’ll be sharing all about telling stories through video, and have a really fun video coming up in the next couple of days.
Puff Pastry Egg in a Basket Recipe
Flaky puff pastry, rich egg, spicy sausage, and creamy cheese. This gourmet egg in a basket is an easy meal for Mother's Day brunch or breakfast in bed.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup cooked Italian sausage
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons goat cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 6 pinches small of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a pizza slicer to cut the puff pastry into 6 squares.
- Spray the cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray and press a square of puff pastry into each cup.
- Layer the sausage, scallions and goat cheese into each puff pastry cup.
- Break an egg into each cup, and top with chopped parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, until egg is cooked and the pastry is puffed and golden.
1 thought on “Puff Pastry Egg in a Basket Recipe”
These were scrumptious! The whole family loved every bite and I know we will be making them again and again!