This delicious hearty recipe for white bean chicken soup comes together quickly, thanks to canned white beans and rotisserie chicken!
CANNED WHITE BEAN CHICKEN SOUP WITH ROTISSERIE CHICKEN
This white bean chicken soup was so easy to make!
We used already shredded rotisserie chicken to save time, which cost a bit more. But you could easily use a full rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and shred it yourself.
And even though it’s easy to cook your own beans from scratch, sometimes you need a last minute dinner. That’s when I grab the canned white beans.
This white bean soup is full of flavors – bacon, onion, garlic, and even a bit of lime for brightness.
Beans, potatoes, chicken, and arugula make it incredibly filling, more of a stew than a soup when it comes to broth ratio!
It’s also a soup that can be enjoyed hot or cold, depending on the weather.
Make sure to leave the skins on your red potatoes. It saves you time, and adds tons of fiber and vitamins!
WHAT IS ARUGALA?
Arugula is a Mediterranean salad green that adds color and a peppery taste to this white bean chicken soup.
This one little green has a ton of health benefits. It is full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, including calcium and iron.
Not only that, but arugala can help lower levels of bad cholesterol and lower blood pressure!
We hope you love this soup as much as we do. Don’t forget to leave a rating in the comments below! You can also share any twists you made to the recipe. We always enjoy reading your adaptations.
PIN TO SAVE WHITE BEAN CHICKEN SOUP FOR LATER
Don’t lose this recipe! Pin to save it, and you can also leave photos of your white bean chicken soup in the comments of the pin.
MORE OF OUR FAVORITE SOUP RECIPES
Here’s a few more of our favorite soups from Eating Richly and our blogging friends:
Quinoa Kale and Carrot Noodle Soup
PRINTABLE RECIPE FOR WHITE BEAN CHICKEN SOUP
White Bean Chicken Soup
This delicious hearty recipe for white bean chicken soup comes together quickly, thanks to canned white beans and rotisserie chicken! Adapted with permission from Genius Kitchen.
- 4 slices bacon , finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb red potatoes, cubed
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 rotisserie chicken, or 1 bag shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 (15 oz cans) small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 oz baby arugula
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chopped bacon in a large soup pot or Dutch oven and cook over medium heat for about five minutes. You want the pieces cooked but not crisp.
- Add onions and garlic and cook another five minutes or so, or until softened.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for about fifteen minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- If using a whole rotisserie chicken you can skin and de-bone your chicken, then cut the meat into bite-sized pieces, while the soup simmers.
- Add chicken and white beans to soup, and cook about five minutes, until heated through.
- Just before serving, add arugula, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size:6 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 494Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 788mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g