This Caramel Apple Pudding Parfait layers a creamy butterscotch pudding with chopped apples and pineapple for a tasty caramel apple dessert recipe that’s only 2 WW Freestyle points!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you purchase anything through one of our links, we get a small commission without it costing you anything extra. Thank you for supporting our family business!
HEALTHY APPLE PUDDING CUPS
I kind of hate using the term healthy, because it’s all relative. Healthy could mean whole ingredients, low fat, low sugar, low carb, high animal fat, high fiber, and the list goes on. But apparently people actually search for the term “healthy apple pudding”!
I feel like these caramel apple pudding cups fit the bill. By using fresh fruit and fat free, sugar free pudding with fat free cool whip, you get a decadent diet friendly dessert.
Ooh let’s make that a decadent diet dessert. Love the alliteration!
Just be aware that these do contain hydrogenated oils and artificial ingredients. For me that makes it a once in a while treat, but not something we eat very often.
JUST 2 WW POINTS PER SERVING
I love that the caramel apple pudding is something my kids go crazy for, but it only costs me 2 WW freestyle points. Here’s the screenshot from creating the recipe in WW.
INGREDIENTS AND SUPPLIES
To make these love diet pudding cups, you need to find a 1 ounce box of fat free and sugar free Instant Butterscotch Pudding Mix. I found mine at Walmart but you can also get it through Amazon Prime Pantry.
You’re also going to need a tub of Cool Whip Free, which is the fat free variety.
I really like using Gala apples, or even the Cosmic apples which are crazy juicy. And for the pineapples, we always have fruit cups for the kids so I went with two pineapple fruit cups.
The next thing you need is a good hand mixer. Honestly I use my grandma’s ancient hand mixer because it still works great! But if you need one, this Kitchen Hand Mixer will last you just as long. Their products are built to last.
And don’t forget a bowl to mix in! I love glass mixing bowls because I can see if everything is mixed in the bottom, and I don’t have to worry about any reactions with metal or chemicals from plastic.
The last thing you need to make these caramel apple pudding parfaits is serving glasses. I just use stemless wine glasses because I already have them and they are easy to hold and eat from.
HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL APPLE PUDDING PARFAITS
- Cut the apples into small bite size chunks.
- In a large bowl, mix the Cool Whip with 1/2 of the butterscotch pudding mix.
- Drain the pineapple juice from your pineapple tidbits into the mix. Reserve the pineapples.
- Mix well and taste, then add additional butterscotch pudding mix as desired (I found 1/2 the package to be sweet enough for me).
- Place a spoonful of pineapple tidbits in the bottom of 8 glasses.
- Top with chopped apples, then spoon on a few dollops of the butterscotch cream.
- Repeat layering pineapples, apples, and cream.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, until set.
MORE HEALTHY DESSERT RECIPES
PIN TO SAVE CARAMEL APPLE PUDDING PARFAITS FOR LATER
Don’t lose the recipe! Pin to Save these Caramel Apple Pudding Parfaits for later. Once you make them, leave a photo in the pin comments so we can see your creation!
- 4 large apples
- 8 ounces fat free cool whip
- 1 ounce fat free sugar free instant butterscotch pudding mix, use half to 1 whole box
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits in juice, drain and reserve juice
- Chop apples into small bite sized pieces
- Mix the Cool Whip with 1/2 of the butterscotch pudding mix, and the pineapple juice.
- Taste and add additional pudding mix as desired.
- Put a spoonful of pineapple tidbits into each glass. Top with chopped apples and then a couple dollops of the butterscotch cream. Continue layering pineapples, apples, and cream in each glass.
- Refrigerate for one hour until set.
When using Weight Watchers Freestyle points, these Caramel Apple Pudding Parfaits are only 2 WW points a serving because the apples and pineapples are 0 points.
Serving Size:8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g
We'd love to keep in touch. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and get your free download of our favorite healthy cute kid snacks.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Eating Richly Even When You're Broke will receive a small commission. This helps us to cover some of the costs for this site. Thank you so much for your support!
Nutritional and cost information is for estimating purposes only, and subject to variations due to region, seasonality, and product availability.