A few simple ingredients, in a beautiful presentation, make bacon and chicken wrapped asparagus perfect for a holiday dinner, or everyday meal.
FANCY FOOD MADE EASY
I love main dishes like this chicken wrapped asparagus. It looks so impressive and fancy, yet it’s incredible simple to make. In fact, except for fresh asparagus, we have all of the ingredients on hand on a daily basis.
Imagine tender, juicy chicken breasts, slathered in a flavorful pesto, and wrapped around perfectly seasoned fresh asparagus swimming in melted parmesan cheese. As if that’s not enough, let’s just wrap a strip of bacon around it for good measure.
Seriously friends, it’s so easy to make, and ready in under an hour. And it’s dressed to impress.
Whether you serve it for a regular weeknight dinner, or as the main course of a holiday feast, this chicken wrapped asparagus is sure to impress.
PIN TO SAVE: CHICKEN WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pound out the chicken to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place chicken and pesto in medium bowl and toss well to coat the chicken.
- Cut asparagus spears to slightly bigger than the size of chicken roll (so that the asparagus will not peep out too much from the end).
- Place olive oil and Italian seasoning in a shallow pan and toss asparagus until coated well.
- Place 3 asparagus spears on a flattened chicken breast and top with 1/4 of the parmesan cheese.
- Roll chicken around asparagus and wrap each roll with a bacon strip.
- Place seam side down in lined pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400ºF for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat for 3-5 minutes, or until bacon is nicely crisped.
Serving Size:4 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Saturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 667mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 31g
Looking for an easy chicken and veggie recipe that’s appealing to little ones? Try our chicken nugget kabobs for a kid friendly meal!