These crispy baked potato wedges are super easy to make, using ingredients you likely already have on hand! Make the recipe as written, and dip the potatoes into a sauce or dressing, or add your choice of seasonings to the potatoes themselves. Either way, these are a great side dish to complement your dinner.
CRISPY BAKED POTATO WEDGES SUPPLIES
The best oven fries have a nice crunchy exterior, but are soft and tender inside. Which is the perfect description for these crispy baked potato wedges! In addition to crunch, the cornflakes also give the coating a slightly sweet flavor.
One difficulty we did have working on this recipe was getting the cornflakes to stick. We ended up using our blender to pulverize the cornflakes to a texture similar to cornmeal. Then we totally immersed the wedges into the melted butter, rather than just dipping them a bit.
Want a great dip for your crispy baked potato wedges? Try adding lime zest, juice, and some garlic to mayonnaise, or make your own ranch dressing.
Of course, you can always add flavor to the potatoes themselves. Garlic powder, herbs, parmesan, or seasoned salts can be mixed into the cornflakes before coating the potato wedges.
How do you like your crispy baked potato wedges?
Crispy Baked Potato Wedges Recipe – Pin to Save:
- 6 medium potatoes, , peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup crushed Cornflakes
- additional seasonings as desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut potatoes into 8 wedges.
- Dip wedges into melted butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Add additional seasonings (if any) to cereal crumbs.
- Pour cereal into a bag. Add buttered potato wedges a few at a time; shake to coat.
- Place potato wedges on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 40 minutes; serve while hot.
Serving Size:12 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g