Have you ever made lamb chops before? Whether you’re a lamb newbie, or you and lamb go way back, I promise that tender, flavorful lamb chops don’t get any easier than these lamb loin chops marinated in rosemary, garlic, and lemon juice, then roasted in the oven, for an easy lamb chops recipe that cooks in about 15 minutes.
COOKING WITH LAMB CHOPS
Lamb is one of the most flavorful meats out there, but sadly, its typically higher price can intimidate people out of trying it.
- Tip for buying lamb: I love getting lamb chops from grocery stores or markets that cater to Middle Eastern populations. They have such a high demand for lamb that they often sell it for quite a bit cheaper.
But whether you buy lamb in a regular grocery store, or an ethnic market, you’re going to want to cook it perfectly, and this easy lamb chops recipe will take all the guesswork out.
EASY LAMB CHOPS RECIPE
Lamb loin chops are a very tender cut of lamb, and are also less expensive than rack of lamb. We like to marinade our lamb chops overnight for extra flavor.
Corban, our three year old, had a great time mixing the marinade. This was his first time helping me marinate meat!
We used fresh rosemary, since we grow it in our garden, and dried thyme. But you can use fresh or dried for both of them.
I put the lamb chops in a bag, then had Corban hold it open while I poured in the marinade he measured and mixed.
Once the bag was sealed, Corban had a great time squishing the bag to make sure every inch of lamb was covered in the marinade. I love those chubby preschooler fingers!
Part of what makes this such an easy lamb chops recipe is that it requires very little work on your part. The marinade does most of the work for you! We let ours marinate about 4 hours, but you can let the lamb chops marinate in the fridge anywhere from an hour to overnight.
The next step is to roast the lamb chops in the oven. I like to broil mine so that the high heat gives them a nice sear, but they’re still tender and juicy inside.
About 5 minutes on each side, with the rack just under the broiler, gives you gorgeous, easy lamb chops.
I used a professional stainless steel fry pan, but any heavy duty oven safe skillet will work. I will link to a few more frying pan options below, just before the recipe.
Now you have tender, perfectly cooked, flavorful lamb chops that took very little hands on time.
Make sure to leave a comment and rating if you gave this recipe a try. We always love your feedback!
EASY LAMB CHOPS RECIPE SUPPLIES
By clicking one of these links before making a purchase on Amazon, we get a small percentage of your purchase, without it costing you anything extra! Thanks for helping to support our family business.
Want another easy lamb recipe? Make sure to try our Ground Lamb Kofta Recipe!
Tender, flavorful lamb chops don't get any easier than these lamb loin chops marinated in herbs, garlic, and lemon juice, then roasted in the oven, for an easy lamb chops recipe that cooks in about 15 minutes. Feel free to use fresh or dried herbs for this recipe. Add at least 1 hour and 20 minutes to the prep time to include time to marinate in the fridge and then come to room temperature. (Recipe adapted with permission from Food.com)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic about 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 4 inch lamb loin chops about 3/4-1 thick
- Mix ingredients, except for lamb, in a bowl.
- Place the chops in a zip top bag and pour ingredients over chops. Seal the bag, after squeezing the air out, and squish the bag around to get the chops well covered on both sides.
- Let marinate in the fridge overnight. The longer the better, but give them at least one hour.
- Remove the chops and let them come to room temperature (approximately 20 minutes) before cooking.
- While the chops sit out, move an oven rack to the top position beneath the broiler, and preheat the oven on broil.
- Place the chops (with the marinade) in a single layer in an oven proof skillet, and place the skillet in the oven directly beneath the broiler.
- Broil for 5-8 minutes on each side, using tongs to flip the chops, until they are seared on the outside and register around 145 degrees with a meat thermometer.
- Drizzle with the pan juices before serving.
WANT SOME GREAT SIDE DISHES TO GO WITH YOUR EASY LAMB CHOPS RECIPE?
PIN TO SAVE THESE EASY LAMB CHOPS FOR LATER!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Avocado Deviled Eggs // Courtney’s Sweets
- Easter Bunny Cake // Momma Lew
- Strawberry Pound Cake Parfaits for Easter // Baby Loving Mama
- Chocolate Covered Caramel Cheesecake Bites // We’re Parents
- White Chocolate Covered Grapes // Frugal Novice
- Bunny Rabbit Pancake // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Mini Chicken Pot Pies // Step Stool Chef
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Bites // Vegging at the Shore
- Strawberry Pineapple Kale Smoothie // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Cooking with Kids: Keeping it Safe // O’Boy! Organic
- Peaches and Cream Pie // Can’t Google Everything
We'd love to keep in touch. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and get your free download of our favorite healthy cute kid snacks.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Eating Richly Even When You're Broke will receive a small commission. This helps us to cover some of the costs for this site. Thank you so much for your support!
Nutritional and cost information is for estimating purposes only, and subject to variations due to region, seasonality, and product availability.