These healthy vegetable muffins are packed with zucchini, corn, and whole grains. They’re the perfect side for dinner, because picky eaters LOVE them!
HEALTHY VEGETABLE MUFFINS SUPPLIES AND INGREDIENTS
Here’s what we use to make these healthy vegetable muffins. By clicking one of these links, we get a small commission on anything you buy from Amazon, without it costing you any extra. Thanks for supporting our family business!
HEALTHY VEGETABLE MUFFINS ARE THE PERFECT SIDE
Whether you’re bogged down in garden zucchini, or simply trying to get more vegetables in your family, delicious savory zucchini and corn muffins need to be on your menu.
Although zucchini tends to add a lot of water to recipes – which can lead to soggy muffins – it doesn’t take long to squeeze out all that extra water, making perfect healthy vegetable muffins.
The fresh zucchini balances out the creamed corn, so these aren’t too sweet, but they will go great with a barbecue or chili.
We use whole wheat flour to make our healthy vegetable muffins, but it could be easily replaced with your favorite gluten-free flour blend.
PIN TO SAVE HEALTHY VEGETABLE MUFFINS FOR LATER:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or substitute gluten-free blend if desired)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 300 grams creamed corn, (about 3/4 of a 14.75 oz can)
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place grated zucchini in a colander over a bowl, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Let sit for ten minutes, then squeeze water out of the zucchini.
- While zucchini sits, grease muffin pan or line with cupcake liners.
- Sift flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and remaining 1/2 tsp of salt into a bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients - including vegetables - in another bowl. (Be careful to only use 300 g of corn. Most cans are larger than 300 g; I used a kitchen scale to measure out the correct amount, or just use 3/4 of the can.)
- Combine the two mixes and stir together, being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon mixture into muffin pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden.
Serving Size:12 muffins
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Cholesterol: 14mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g