You won’t believe how cute these marshmallow bunny cupcakes are, and how easy they are to make! Perfect for a simple Easter dessert or bunny themed party.
MARSHMALLOW BUNNY CUPCAKES VIDEO
Our kids LOVED getting to make the frosting and helping to decorate these cute bunny cupcakes. In fact, they have been asking to make more bunny cupcakes on a daily basis for the past month!
So we’ve made them three times now. Purely for the purpose of perfecting them for you guys.
Oh the sacrifices we make!
MARSHMALLOW BUNNY CUPCAKES SUPPLIES
Here’s the items we recommend for making your own marshmallow bunny cupcakes. By clicking one of these links, we get a small commission on anything you buy from Amazon, without it costing you any extra. Thanks for supporting our family business!
HOW TO MAKE MARSHMALLOW BUNNY CUPCAKES
Making these cute cupcakes is ridiculously easy. You can even make them a day in advance so you don’t have to worry about them on Easter Day. You can use whatever white cupcake recipe is your favorite, or even a box mix.
While your cupcakes are baking and cooling, it’s a good time to work on the bunny ears. Cut a marshmallow in half on the diagonal, and place the two flat sides down. Use a dark pink food coloring pen to color in the cut sides of the marshmallows. You’ll need to do this to one marshmallow for each cupcake.
You’ll also need to sort out some pink Skittles. Both Wild Berry and Tropical Skittles have pink ones. You can even get them both together!
For the head of the bunny, use a large open star tip to pipe buttercream frosting in a nice round tower on top of cooled cupcakes. Place a pink Skittle front and center, with two candy eyes above it. The final touch is nestling a pair of marshmallow ears into the top of the frosting.
Now you have the perfect Easter dessert!
We hope you love these cute marshmallow bunny cupcakes as much as we do.
We’d love to see pictures of YOUR bunny cupcakes! If you make some, snap a picture on your phone and head over to our Facebook page to post it. See you there!
PIN TO SAVE MARSHMALLOW BUNNY CUPCAKES:
Marshmallow Bunny Cupcakes
You won't believe how cute these marshmallow bunny cupcakes are, and how easy they are to make! Perfect for a simple Easter dessert or bunny themed party. Simply use your favorite white cake recipe or box mix to make the two dozen cupcakes. Inspired by food.com
- 24 white cupcakes, baked and cooled
- 24 marshmallows
- food coloring pen, dark pink
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 24 pink Skittles
- 48 candy eyes
- While cupcakes bake and cool, cut a marshmallow in half on the diagonal. Place the two flat ends down, points up.
- Use a dark pink food coloring pen to color in the cut sides of the marshmallows. Repeat with all 24 marshmallows.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the softened butter and powdered sugar until completely combined.
- Add vanilla extract and heavy cream, then continue to mix until smooth and creamy.
- Use a large open star tip to pipe buttercream frosting in a nice round tower on top of cooled cupcakes.
- Place a pink Skittle front and center, with two candy eyes above it, then nestle a pair of ears into the top of the frosting.
- Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving Size:24 cupcakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 47gSugar: 35gProtein: 2g
5 thoughts on “Marshmallow Bunny Cupcakes for Easter”
These are a-dorable!! My kids, nieces & nephews would be bonkers for the!!
These couldn’t be any cuter! I need to make these for my kids and nieces and nephews for Easter!
These look super cute!
These are so adorable! I bet they disappeared as soon as the camera clicked off!