If you love chocolate and strawberries, you must drop everything and make this strawberry Nutella sandwich recipe. Trust us. Well unless you’re at work. It’s probably not worth losing your job, but make sure you swing by the store on the way to home so you can make these for dessert. And we really love that you’re hanging out with us when you’re at work!
Now put on your headphones and watch Corban show you how to make this awesome dessert sandwich.
HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY NUTELLA SANDWICH
Corban REALLY loved making this video. Once I got all the footage I needed, I left the set to edit the photos, and told Corban he could finish his strawberry Nutella sandwich before play time.
I thought he’d gobble it down, and then go wash hands to play. Silly mama. I should have known better.
Eric walked in to see Corban using the knife to shovel large quantities of Nutella into his mouth.
We didn’t put the whole conversation in the video, but not only did Corban say “yes” when asked if I told him he could eat Nutella from the jar, he also told Eric, “Mama said, you should have some Nutella!”
Except he called it “Bittuh”, because he is three and likes making up words to try and confuse grown ups. It works.
We’ve decided this strawberry Nutella sandwich is our (indulgent) fast and easy Valentine’s dessert recipe this year. We even borrowed this awesome panini press from a friend! If you don’t have a panini press, you can totally make this in a skillet, just pressing down lightly with a flipper spatula. It’s just as good as a toasted sandwich as it is a panini.
We typically go for healthy food though, so if you’re looking for some healthy Valentine’s Day desserts or breakfasts, make sure to check out our heart shaped whole wheat cranberry muffins, and whole wheat sandwich cookies recipes. And if you prefer orange with your chocolate, we’ve got an easy orange chocolate pudding recipe that’s just adorable in heart shaped bowls!
Hope you and your family have a wonderfully delicious Valentine’s Day!
THANKS FOR SUPPORTING EATING RICHLY EVEN WHEN YOU’RE BROKE
By clicking one of these links before making a purchase on Amazon, we get a small percentage of your purchase, without it costing you anything extra! Thanks for helping to support our family business.
- 6 slices of pound cake 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 6 large strawberries thinly sliced
- Heat a panini press or a skillet on medium.
- Spread one side of each slice of pound cake with Nutella.
- Place sliced strawberries into the Nutella on three slices. Top with the remaining three slices, Nutella side down.
- Heat in the panini press for 3-4 minutes, or on the stove about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm.
MINI CHEF MONDAYS
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Homemade Chocolate Nonpareils // Courtney’s Sweets
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie // Momma Lew
- Chocolate Banana Sundae Bites for Valentine’s Day // Baby Loving Mama
- Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe // We’re Parents
- Carrot Cake Cookies: Sneak in Veggies for Your Kids // Frugal Novice
- Strawberry Nutella Sandwich Recipe // Eating Richly
- Jumbo Sugar Cookie for Valentine’s Day // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- The Best Darn Chili in 2nd Grade // Step Stool Chef
- Lemon Squares with Shortbread Crust // Vegging at the Shore
- Kid-Approved Meatloaf // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Healthy Edible Snowman Food Craft // O’Boy! Organic
- Fruit Sushi // Can’t Google Everything
We'd love to keep in touch. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter and get your free download of our favorite healthy cute kid snacks.
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Eating Richly Even When You're Broke will receive a small commission. This helps us to cover some of the costs for this site. Thank you so much for your support!
Nutritional and cost information is for estimating purposes only, and subject to variations due to region, seasonality, and product availability.