Get dinner ready in about 30 minutes with this easy Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Dew Drop Cabbage and sausage recipe for a sheet pan dinner. The perfect easy weeknight meal!
This post is paid for by our partners at Tanimura & Antle® through Kitchen PLAY. We have been buying their produce for years and just LOVE working with them!
QUICK AND EASY SHEET PAN DINNERS
When you’ve had a long work day, with no plan for dinner, it can be easy to choose something unhealthy. Grabbing some take-out, ordering pizza, or cooking from a box are tempting options to turn to.
But there are healthier options for an easy last minute dinner that’s ready in about 30 minutes.
One of my favorite last minute weeknight meals is a sheet pan dinner, like this one made with Dew Drop Cabbage and sausage.
Sheet pan dinners are where everything for the meal is piled onto one big sheet pan and roasted together.
We always seem to have carrots and zucchini in the fridge, and I also had some Dew Drop Cabbage. Since cabbage and sausage are such a classic combination, I decided on chicken sausage for our protein.
Eric picked up the sausage on his way home, and I quickly threw this Dew Drop Cabbage and sausage dinner together.
DEW DROP CABBAGE FROM TANIMURA & ANTLE
Did you notice the unique pointy shape of the cabbage steaks in the cabbage and sausage sheet pan photos?
That’s because these are the Dew Drop Cabbages from Tanimura & Antle.
I just love the petite size and sweet flavor of these cabbages. They always fit easily in the fridge and are easy to incorporate into any recipe.
I will typically just slice them in half, or into quarters. Just 1-3 cuts and the prep is done! Whether you’re making cabbage and sausage, a cabbage salad, or coleslaw, I can’t recommend the Dew Drop Cabbage enough.
Tanimura & Antle is known for being innovative with unique field packed products and cutting-edge food safety programs. They are a 3rd generation family farm, and even employee owned as well!
With their focus on sustainable practices, I appreciate their business values as much as I do their produce.
Check out my Fall Wedge Salad with Tanimura & Antle’s Artisan® Romaine.
WHICH SAUSAGES TO USE FOR DEW DROP CABBAGE AND SAUSAGE SHEET PAN DINNER
The sausages you use for this dinner are completely up to you. We really like chicken sausages and used chicken sausage stuffed with mozzarella and artichokes.
But you could use turkey, beef, or pork sausage as well. You could even go with Italian sausage or smoked sausages for your Dew Drop Cabbage and sausage dinner!
Whatever sausage you decide on, make sure to check their oven cooking temperatures and times. This recipe is really forgiving, and easy to adapt. Our sausage needed to cook just 10 minutes at 350F.
I started roasting the veggies before the sausages, knowing they would need to cook longer.
HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE AND SAUSAGE SHEET PAN DINNER
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Start by slicing your produce. Cut a couple peeled carrots into thick circles and slice a zucchini into half circles.
- Slice two Dew Drop Cabbages in half, lengthwise through the stem base. Then slice each half lengthwise through the base again so you get 8 cabbage steaks.
- Arrange the cabbage steaks, carrots, zucchini, and some grape or cherry tomatoes on a large sheet pan.
- Spray with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Nestle your whole sausages among the veggies. Return sheet pan to the oven for another 10 minutes (or for as long as your sausages need to cook).
- Switch your oven to BROIL for five minutes to add a slight char to your cabbage and sausage.
- At this point you can eat your dinner as-is. But I recommend you whip up a creamy lemon parmesan dressing to drizzle over everything.
CREAMY LEMON AND PARMESAN DRESSING FOR DEW DROP CABBAGE AND SAUSAGE
If you don’t have fresh lemons, you can skip the lemon zest and use bottled lemon juice. It’s still a delicious dressing that goes so well with cabbage.
- Zest and juice two large lemons.
- Place olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, grated Parmesan, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, and black pepper in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- You can pour over the whole cabbage and sausage sheet pan straight from the oven. Or serve the dressing on the side for people to dress individual servings.
PIN TO SAVE DEW DROP CABBAGE AND SAUSAGE SHEET PAN DINNER
Make sure you don’t lose the recipe! Pin to save to your recipe board. If you make your own Dew Drop Cabbage and sausage sheet pan dinner, we’d love to see it. Just leave a picture in the comments of the pin.
DEW DROP CABBAGE AND SAUSAGE SHEET PAN DINNER PRINTABLE RECIPE
Dew Drop Cabbage and Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
Get dinner ready in about 30 minutes with this easy Dew Drop Cabbage and sausage recipe for a sheet pan dinner. The perfect easy weeknight meal! Feel free to swap 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice for the fresh lemon juice and zest. You can also use freshly grated parmesan or the stuff in the green shaker.
Dew Drop Cabbage and Sausage Sheet Pan
- 2 Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Dew Drop Cabbages
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 zucchini
- 24 cherry tomatoes, or grape tomatoes
- spray oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 chicken sausages
Creamy Lemon Parmesan Dressing
- 2 lemons, can sub 2 ounces (or 1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 4 ounces olive oil, (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice Dew Drop Cabbages into 4 cabbage steaks each.
- Slice carrots into thick rounds.
- Slice zucchini into half rounds.
- Spread Dew Drop Cabbage, carrots, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes out on a large rimmed sheet pan. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle all over with salt.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the veggies from the oven and place whole sausages in among them.
- Roast another 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil (or high broil if you have multiple broil settings). This will give a little bit of char to the Dew Drop Cabbage and sausage. Broil for 5 minutes.
- While everything cooks, make your dressing. Start by zesting and juicing the lemons.
- Put the zest, juice, and remaining dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy.
- When your sausage and Dew Drop Cabbage sheet pan is done cooking, pour the dressing all over. You may also serve the dressing on the side for people to dress their own dinner.
Serving Size:8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Saturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 1400mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 16g
19 thoughts on “Dew Drop Cabbage and Sausage Recipe Sheet Pan Dinner”
This looks really taste. I know my dad would really like this for dinner. I’ll have to make this for him.
A must try dinner! Very tasty. It is very healthy lots of veggies, cabbage and carrots is one of my favorite. Great for weeknight meal. Thanks for sharing the recipes.
Sheet pan dinners are the best! We love them for busy weeknight meals.
This looks so tasty and easy! We love cooking with cabbage, so I cannot wait to try this one out!
I have never previously heard of dew drop cabbage. Looks delightful! I love that it would give the sausage a light side.
this sounds super yummy I believe it will go on fall menui for family thanks for sharing
First, I didn’t know that was the name of this cabbage. Secondly, this is a very creative way to prepare it with sausage. I can imagine the pan drippings only make this better.
Sheet pan dinners are life-savers! So easy and perfect for busy weeknight dinner!
I love roasted cabbage but never thought to use it in a sheet pan dinner. Pinning to try as soon as the weather cools down… thank you!
I love the combination of cabbage and sausage and I love a sheet pan dinner even more. Also that sauce looks insanely good!
Yes! Sheet pan dinners have been saving my life lately as we get back into the school/work routine, this one is a keeper for sure in the rotation!
That cabbage looks delicious! Sausage and cabbage is such a classic combo for a reason
I just love this all in one meal. The sausage is perfectly cooked and what a great combination with cabbage baked cabbage is the best!
I love one pot dinner like this that get done in the background while I am busy with other things. We don’t eat much cabbage other than when it’s roasted. Sausage is my kids favorite so this would be a winner in our home.
I love the Dew Drop cabbage. I will look for it my next trip to the grocer. The sheetpan meal is delicious and easy. Love the flavor combo of sausage and cabbage. Topping with the creamy vinaigrette is perfect!
I’ve never seen Dew Drop cabbages before but I want to keep an eye out for them now to try. They are a really pretty shape and I like that they are smaller in size. This looks like a fantastic sheet pan dinner, especially with all of the creamy parmesan dressing on top!
That is a whole some simple and easy meal in sheet pan. Is dew drop cabbage taste differently or only the shape. I like the creamy dressing you made to go with it. Healthy and easy meal for busy nights.
Hi Swathi, I find it to be slightly sweeter than large cabbages. And the shape and size are nice that it’s easy to buy just the amount you need.